Pen drive write protection problem is a very common kind of external storage device problem. Most of the times whenever we want to delete some data from pen drive or another external storage medium like memory cards or External HDD, then a pop-up box appears which shows a message like “The disk is write protected, remove write protection or use another disk”. Removing write protection from pen drive is a hard job, Even we can’t format a write protected external drive. If we try to format a write protected drive then also we will get a message that “The disk is write protected”
How to remove write protection from Pen drive:
1) Insert your pen drive into your computer, click on start menu, then open run prompt.
2) Type Regedit, in run prompt and press enter. This will open registry editor on your computer.
3) Now in registry editor, Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
4) once done, Double click on the key “WriteProtect” in the right pane and set the value of “Value Data” section to 0. And then press ok.
5) Now exit registry editor and restart your computer.